Performance Management Vs Appraisal
Scope and Purpose
➔ How to develop effective Job performance management system and how to Integrate it with the business performance management system.
➔ How carefully choose effective appraisal systems that satisfy your organization needs (cultural and size) and reduce the subjectivity.
➔ How to develop a culture of coaching and counseling in your organization and enhance the role it.
➔ Train your managers and your employees on how to use the appraisal system and how to avoid the induvial bias.
➔ The training is an interactive classroom training.
➔ It is a practical learning experience where the participants are engaged through an array of learning methods including:
- Case Studies.
- Group Discussions.
- Group & Individual Exercise.
- Intensive Workshop by using Templates, Diagrams & Charts.
- Planning Activities.
➔ The role of the trainer is meant to facilitate the learning process, stimulate participants’ thinking and extract their best practices and augment their self-learning.
Summary of Content
➔ Performance Management
- What does Job Performance mean?
- What are the types of performance management systems in the organization, how to use and the benefits of each system?
- Job performance management system
- Business performance management system
- Using the strategy mapping / balance scorecard for the alignment of Job performance management system with organization business performance management system
➔ Job Performance Management process
- Planning (setting effective performance standards)
- Types of objectives (Results, behaviors, competencies, mind-set)
- Nature of the objectives (quantitative vs qualitative)
- How to develop a weightage for each objective
- Monitoring (Eliminating Obstacle or Updating Objectives, Reinforcing Effective Behaviors, Feedback, Counseling, and Coaching,)
- Reinforcement of effective behavior model
- Appraisal process (Job analysis, establishing performance standards, establishing performance standards, Communicate the standards, compare actual with the desired performance, Review meeting “discussing the results, Decision taking)
➔ Why we need Performance appraisal? The importance of it? Who can evaluate the performance of employees? And what is the benefits of having different evaluator?
➔ Methods of Performance Appraisal, how can we use each method and the pros and cons of each method?
- Comparison methods
- Graphic rating scale
- Management by objectives
- Critical incidents
- Forced distribution
- 360-degree feedback
➔ Appraisal potential errors and how can we avoid it or minimize it in our organization?
- Measurement Error:
- Criterion contamination
- Unclear performance standards
- Rater Error
- Leniency o Primacy o Regency
- Halo effect
- Central tendency
- Contrast error
➔ Coaching Vs Mentoring (difference and importance)
➔ Performance review meeting process (Line manager and employee roles and responsibilities)
- Open up
- Face up
- Agree for future