Date: 07/05/2018 - 09/05/2018
Timing: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Timing: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Location: Inspire Training Center
Format: Learn-Based Training
Certificate Body: ITC, KUWAIT
Duration: 15 Hrs.
Effective Negotiation Skills
- Beyond the world of ‘Buying and Selling‘ everyone negotiates for a variety of reasons; project deadlines, human resource allocations, service delivery specifications, improved support or increased budget allocation.
- This course will provide delegates with support and guidance on how to employ practical skills to conduct win-win negotiations; that is, learning to ‘Play the Game‘ better, because that’s what negotiation is – a game. And like any game there are rules and conventions. It will also enable participants to fully explore how their own personal style and attributes can be applied effectively/successfully to the negotiation process.
Course Scope and Purpose
- This Negotiation skills in oil and gas industry course is an essential first step for professionals who have limited experience of negotiation and want to improve their skills in this area with interactive.
- The course aims to build delegates’ confidence by introducing them to a structured approach intended to help them close deals more effectively.
- The course also outlines the Breakthrough Negotiation Strategy approach for complex negotiations.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Distinguish between bargaining, influencing and negotiating.
- Understand the key skills and processes necessary for successful negotiations.
- Recognize the different approaches to the negotiating process and understand their implications.
- Identify, develop and practice the skills that are crucial to good negotiation.
- Work on individual strengths and weaknesses to develop a personal style of negotiation that is powerful, sincere and effective.
- Develop flexibility in your negotiation style.
- Develop successful negotiating strategies that can be used according to the needs and demands of your organization.
- Distinguish between compromise, agreement and consensus.
- Look at the use of negotiation skills in both one-to-one and team-to-team negotiations.
- This course is suitable for a wide range of who participate in negotiations.
By the end of this five day course participants will have learned to:
- plan and prepare for negotiations
- identify the key steps in a negotiated settlement, completing one before moving on to the next
- communicate in a way that secures better results
- handle difficult negotiations
- negotiate as part of a team
- respect cultural differences in international negotiations.